IMPORTANT UPDATE: From Monday 8th November, two-square metre rule applies. Our church can now have 260 attendees at a time. Face masks and QR code check-in still mandatory.
As we reopen our doors to all parishioners, we ask that we all follow the guidelines when visiting our parish. We ask that doors and windows be opened during Mass to optimize ventilation. We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation for helping us KEEP OUR CHURCH COVIDSAFE.
Second Sunday of Advent Vigil Mass 4th Dec at 5:30pm
Marist College Eastwood Advent Mass to be livestreamed on 9th Dec at 11am
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
SVDP Eastwood Conference Christmas Appeal:
Support our Vinnies Christmas Appeal on Dec 11 & 12! We are calling for our local community to help raise funds for those doing it tough this Christmas. Donate no matter how big or small to help us reach our fundraising goal which will assist St Vincent de Paul Eastwood to provide for those in need. Scan the QR code or go to our fundraising page to donate. Thank you!
- Following the announcement of Fr Martin’s appointment as Chaplain at St Vincent’s Hospital next year, we have organized two farewells on Sunday Dec 19, to give everyone an opportunity to attend. Morning Tea will be served by FOSK (Friends of St Kevin’s) in the forecourt outside the Church right after the 9:30am Mass. Afternoon Tea will be served in the parish hall at 3pm. Please bring a plate to share (preferably easy to serve, for COVID safe reasons). Coffee, tea, water & cordial will be available. All welcome!
- Fr Martin‘s ‘MORE CUPPA TIME REFLECTIONS’ now on sale for $20. All sale proceeds will go towards the ‘classroom floor upgrade’ project for a school in Uganda. Grab a copy now!
- Thank you for supporting the November CWF Appeal last weekend. Donation envelopes are still available if you wish to contribute or visit www.ourfaithourworks.org/cwf . Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.
- Rosters needed for our Christmas Liturgies. Please put your name down in the sacristy.
- Accommodation needed for an elderly gentleman, devout Catholic and acolyte at St Patrick’s Cathedral. Please call Colin Robens 0416 710 200 if you can help in any way.
- Weekly Men’s Prayer Hour, Tuesdays at 7:30pm in the Holy Family Chapel.
- MONTHLY MEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST on Sat 18th Dec at 7am in the Haseler Centre.
- THE ST KEVIN’S MEN’S CHOIR WILL BE SINGING AT THE 9:30AM MASS ON SUNDAY, 12TH DECEMBER. THEY WILL ALSO BE HAVING A CHRISTMAS FUNDRAISING CONCERT, ON THE SAME DAY AT 3PM IN THE CHURCH. 100% of the funds raised will be used to help families in our parish who are experiencing financial difficulties. Come along, enjoy the concert and support this very worthwhile cause! For more info contact Lou Youssef 0400 303 733.
- Thank you to all the parish volunteers who have done the Online Safeguarding Induction Training recently. A reminder that this training is mandated by the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney for selected volunteering roles in the parish. If you’ve received an email from our parish and have not done the training, we encourage you to do so. To all Catechists: Please collect your Safeguarding Certificates in the church.
- CatholicCare NEWS: A community care worker has joined Holy Spirit Parish, North Ryde and St Charles Borromeo, Ryde. When times are tough it can be difficult to know where to turn to. Contact CatholicCare at 13 18 19 for free and confidential help and referral to a wide range of services concerning relationships, parenting, ageing, disability, addiction, and mental health.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- The parish office will be open at different times, please call, or leave a message at 9874 2533 before coming in or E: email@example.com
Around the Archdiocese:
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- The Archdiocese of Sydney website has a dedicated page of prayer resources including links to popular podcasts in this time of pandemic. Click here to view.
Advent Companion Available Now – Prepare to Join or Lead a Group in your Parish:
Churches have reopened, and Advent is approaching. With gratitude in our hearts, let us gather in our parishes to prepare a welcome for the newborn Jesus at Christmas and to be channels of His peace and joy to those around us. Joining or leading an Advent group is a great way to do this. ‘Rejoice! Receiving and Sharing the Gift of the Good News’ contains Gospel readings for Sundays and Christmas Day, spiritual reflections, and other resources for Advent. For individual or group prayer, in-person or online gatherings. Available to download at: https://www.gomakedisciples.org.au/ or get a sample in our church foyer. Training on how to run an Advent group is also available on Tue 23rd Nov from 11-11:45am – go to: https://www.gomakedisciples.org.au/cas-events/ to register.
Download the new Our Faith Our Works App:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney invites you to download the Our Faith Our Works App on the App Store or Google Play. This is your one-stop location for Mass and Confession times, spiritual reflections and meditations, podcasts, local Catholic news, Go Make Disciples mission plan, and much more. This App features a PCI-compliant and secure donation gateway, enabling you to give to your local parish or our Archdiocesan ministries from the comfort of your living room. You can also visit: https://www.ourfaithourworks.org/app/ to download.
COVID-19 Update as of 8th Nov 2021:
- Funerals in our church can have 260 attendees under the two square metre rule. All attendees must be fully vaccinated. If some of the attendees are not fully vaccinated, then only up to 10 people may attend. This number excludes the priest and funeral company representatives.
- Weddings in our church can have 260 attendees under the two square metre rule. All attendees must be fully vaccinated. If some of the attendees are not fully vaccinated, then only up to 5 people may attend. Not counted in this figure is the couple getting married, the priest celebrating the wedding, two witnesses and a camera operator recording the ceremony.
- Baptisms may resume across the Archdiocese of Sydney.
- The anointing of the sick is permitted in Greater Sydney.
- Mandatory QR code check-ins and wearing of face masks in places of public worship still enforced. Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- Our church is limited to 260 attendees under the two square metre rule. Physical distancing of at least 1.5m must be observed whenever possible. Attendees may sit only in marked places. Family members living in the same household may sit together.
- The NSW Government has announced that fully vaccinated members of the congregation are permitted to sing, but masks must still be worn.
- Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.