IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 24 December 2021, anyone entering a church over the age of 12 will now be required to wear a face mask, until at least 27 January 2022.
As we reopen our doors to all parishioners, we ask that we all follow the guidelines when visiting our parish. We ask that doors and windows be opened during Mass to optimize ventilation. We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation for helping us KEEP OUR CHURCH COVIDSAFE.
Third Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sat 22nd January 5:30pm
Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, Sat 15th January 5:30pm
SPIRITUAL COMMUNION PRAYER:
We encourage everyone watching us online to receive Jesus through this prayer:
My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already here and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
- On Wed, 26th January, we will celebrate Australia Day with a Mass at 7:30am. An opportunity to pray together as a community for peace and reconciliation.
- Recently, Fr Martin was featured in an article in the Catholic Weekly. Feel free to read the full article via this link: https://www.catholicweekly.com.au/cuppa-time-reflections-inspire-and-build-community-across-the-oceans/ Contact the parish office at 9874 2533 if you would like to order a copy of Fr Martin’s book ‘Cuppa Time Reflections’ 1 or 2.
- SVDP Christmas Appeal donation receipts are now available for collection from the table at the back of the church. Thank you.
- Our sincere condolences to the family of Neville Sercombe who passed away recently.
- We extend our condolences to the family and friends of long-time parishioner, Paul Duck. Requiem Mass will be held here at St Kevin’s on Mon 24th Jan at 10:30am. Paul was an active member of our parish community for over 50 years. Please keep him in your prayers. The Mass will be livestreamed at: https://www.ceremonycast.com.au/paulduck
- Our sincere condolences to the family of Pauline Denton. Her funeral will be held here at St Kevin’s on Mon 24th Jan at 2pm. May she find peace in the loving arms of our Father.
- Free exercise class for St Kevin’s Parishioners has recommenced. Classes held weekly at 4.15pm in the Haseler Centre. For more information contact Michael Wilkinson – Personal Trainer 8819 2280.
- We recently installed an AED portable defibrillator in the church. An information session will be scheduled in the coming weeks on how to use the device and its importance to help save lives. Call or email the parish office if you are interested to attend.
- Altar Society Volunteers Needed: The Altar Society is responsible for cleaning and laundering sacramental items in the Church. They also set-up the altar linens for weekday and weekend Masses. If interested to help, please contact the parish office 9874 2533.
- Become a Catechist or Helper in 2022! Half of Catholic children in Sydney are in public primary & high schools. Share the hope and joy that Jesus brings with them and become a catechist or helper. Find out more: https://ccd.sydneycatholic.org/ or call the parish office if you wish to join.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary every Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass.
- Our Piety Stall is open after Masses on weekends. Visit our piety stall for books, rosaries, and gift items for holy occasions! All proceeds go to our local Vinnies. Thank you.
- CatholicCare NEWS: . community care worker has joined Holy Spirit Parish, North Ryde and St Charles Borromeo, Ryde. When times are tough it can be difficult to know where to turn to. Contact CatholicCare at 13 18 19 for free and confidential help and referral to a wide range of services concerning relationships, parenting, ageing, disability, addiction, and mental health.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- The parish office is on reduced hours. Please call, or leave a message at 9874 2533 before coming in or email: email@example.com
Around the Archdiocese:
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- The Archdiocese of Sydney website has a dedicated page of prayer resources including links to popular podcasts in this time of pandemic. Click here to view.
Download the new Our Faith Our Works App:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney invites you to download the Our Faith Our Works App on the App Store or Google Play. This is your one-stop location for Mass and Confession times, spiritual reflections and meditations, podcasts, local Catholic news, Go Make Disciples mission plan, and much more. This App features a PCI-compliant and secure donation gateway, enabling you to give to your local parish or our Archdiocesan ministries from the comfort of your living room. You can also visit: https://www.ourfaithourworks.org/app/ to download.
COVID-19 Update as of 24th December 2021:
- With growing concern over the spread of COVID19, the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney recommends that people who do not normally live in the same household try to keep some social distance from each other.
- Please wear a mask and check-in using the QR code. Kindly open doors & windows during Mass to optimize ventilation. Observe good hygiene practices. Hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes are available for anyone to use. As we try our best to keep everyone safe, we ask that if you are unwell, please stay home. Thank you.
- From 24th December, anyone entering a church over the age of 12 will now be required to wear a face mask, until at least 27th January 2022.
- From 15th December 2021, there will no longer be limits placed on the number of people who can attend Mass. QR Code check-in still required in places of public worship.
- Funerals and Weddings may be held with attendance unlimited.
- Baptisms have resumed across the Archdiocese of Sydney with attendance unlimited.
- The anointing of the sick is permitted in Greater Sydney.
- The NSW Government has announced that from 15 December, singing and music is now permitted at Mass.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.