The Ascension of the Lord Vigil Mass, Saturday 28th May 5:30pm
PRAYER TO ST MICHAEL ARCHANGEL:
St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
Parish Announcements, 27 May 2022:
- We dedicate this month of May to honour our Blessed Mother Mary.
- Next Friday, 3rd June is the Feast Day of St Kevin. Parish Mass is at 5pm. Please join us.
- NO First Saturday 9am Mass and Devotion on June 4. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Next weekend is Pentecost Sunday. Join us in celebrating the birth of the Church!
- St Kevin’s Men’s Choir will be singing at the 5:30pm Vigil Mass on Sat, 4th June (Pentecost).
- Next Men’s Prayer Breakfast will be on Sat 4th June at 7am in the Haseler Centre.
- Midweek Men’s Gospel Reflection: Each Wednesday Night at 7:30pm in the Holy Family Chapel in the church. All men welcomed. Inquiries contact the parish office.
- Family Mass this weekend, Sunday at 9:30am. A special welcome to our Year 5 & 6 families from our parish school and all other families from our state schools. We appreciate your participation in our Eucharistic celebration!
- CREATIVE COMPETITION FOR CHILDREN: The Safeguarding Office of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney needs your help in designing characters that celebrates ‘Differences in our Community’ for their new children’s activity book. The best and most creative designs will be featured throughout the activity book which will be available to all children in the archdiocese. Please collect a competition flyer in the church foyer or download here. Entries close: June 27
- Parishioners Exercise Class will resume on Tuesday 31st May at 4:15pm in the parish hall. For more information contact the parish office.
- Next Baptism Info Evening: Tuesday 7th June at 7pm in the Parish Office Meeting Room.
- Rosters will be updated soon. Please contact the parish office for any changes.
- Our Vinnies Piety Store is closing down soon. We invite you to visit and browse. We have a good range of rosaries, cards, and gift items for sale. The store is staffed by volunteers and is usually open after Mass on the weekends. This is a good opportunity to purchase items which are close at hand. All proceeds will go to St Vincent De Paul Winter Appeal on June 18 & 19. We thank all the volunteers who have worked in the Piety Store over the years. Last day to shop: June 26
- SAVE THE DATE: A MenALIVE Weekend is planned for St Kevin’s Eastwood on Sep 24 & 25. All Men aged 18 years & over are invited.
- AV Projectionist needed at 6pm Sunday Mass. Contact the parish office at 98742533.
- Altar Society Volunteers Needed: Volunteers will be responsible for altar flower arrangement, changing altar linens, cleaning sacramental items, etc. Training provided. We aim to create a roster for each task so that more parishioners can get involved. If interested to help, please call 9874 2533 or E: email@example.com
- Guided by the policies of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS), it is mandatory for selected parish volunteers, age 18+, to have a current WWCC. To check the list of parish roles that requires WWCC visit https://www.stkevinseastwood.org.au/becoming-volunteer/ . To apply/renew your WWCC go to: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check/applicant . Once your application has been processed, please forward your WWCC number and Expiry Date to the parish office for verification.
- To those who are yet to complete the Online Safeguarding Induction Training or those who need to do a Safeguarding Refresher (CAS requires safeguarding refresher training every 3 years), please contact the parish office on 9874 2533.
- If you wish to offer a Mass for the sick, deceased, and other occasions, please collect an envelope in the church foyer. Place them in the weekend collection boxes or in the secured parish letterbox inside the church (next to the confessional room). Please include the date when you want the Mass to be said, the name of the person who you wish to pray for and tick the box ’For Publication’ if you wish for the name to be included in the parish bulletin.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- The parish office is open Monday to Friday from 10am-3pm. Alternatively, you can send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Around the Archdiocese:
- Caritas Australia Ukraine Appeal: The escalating violence in Ukraine is rapidly becoming a dire humanitarian crisis. As millions of people are likely to be displaced due to Russia’s invasion, your support is more important than ever for the people of Ukraine. Donate at https://www.caritas.org.au/donate/ukraine-appeal/ or call 1800 024 413 toll free.
The CATHOLIC MASS BOOK:
The Sydney Centre for Evangelisation is delighted to present our new resource – ‘The Catholic Mass’ book.
The companion guide helps captures the mysteries and beauty of the Mass. With explanations of each part of the Mass from Sacred Scripture, Church teachings and the Saints. We especially recommend this as an essential tool for parish RCIA programs, parents of children going through sacramental programs, catechists and students in public schools, and for ongoing formation of parishioners on our primary act of worship.
Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP launched the booklet, noting this new resource “unpacks the beauty of our Mass and assists active participation in the sacred liturgy.” The Director of the Sydney Centre for Evangelisation, Mr Daniel Ang, promotes use of the resource as an assistance to clergy in forming their people “so that the beauty and solemnity of the liturgy are better known and the grace of the sacraments is received with greater faith and growing understanding.”
Please click here to review the booklet.
You can now order copies through The Mustard Seed Bookshop:
Phone orders: 02 9307 8350
Didaskó – Online Catholic Adult Faith Formation:
The Parish Renewal Team is offering Sydney Catholics an opportunity to grow in their faith with spiritual, intellectual, human and practical formation. With a new short course on offer each month, Didaskó seeks to respond to Christ’s Great Commission to “teach them the commands I have given you” (Mt 28:20), by building a culture of formation in our parishes.
Courses are delivered online over three evenings by some of Sydney’s best Catholic formators including Rev. Dr Gregory Morgan and Prof. Tracey Rowland. Cost: $25 per course. Bishop Umbers will present the first Didaskó course on Wednesdays 1st & 8th June, and then Tuesday 14th June from 7:30pm – 8:45pm, with the topic “What Catholic Christians Believe: An Introduction to the Catechism.”
Register at www.gomakedisciples.org.au/cas-events/.
For info, email Helen Wagner at email@example.com
Walk With Christ Returns, Sunday June 19:
Parishioners are warmly invited to the first Walk With Christ Pilgrimage in two years, which had been postponed in the Archdiocese of Sydney due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On this Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, we invite you to join this special event when the Catholics of Sydney unite to honour the real presence of Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament in a procession through the streets of Sydney.
Time: 2:30pm (corner of Pitt Street and Martin Place).
For more information click here.
COVID-19 Update as of 25th February 2022:
- Wearing of Face Masks in the Church is no longer mandatory, but recommended when physical distancing is not possible. We ask that we all follow the guidelines when visiting our parish. We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation for helping us KEEP OUR CHURCH COVIDSAFE.
- Density limits no longer apply. NSW QR Code Check-in no longer required.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney recommends that people who do not normally live in the same household try to keep some social distance from each other.
- Kindly open doors & windows during Mass to optimize ventilation. Observe good hygiene practices. Hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes are available for anyone to use. As we try our best to keep everyone safe, we ask that if you are unwell or displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
- Singing is permitted at Mass.
- Funerals and Weddings may be held with attendance unlimited.
- Baptisms have resumed across the Archdiocese of Sydney with attendance unlimited.
- Anointing of the sick is permitted.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.