IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 29th March 2021, congregational singing will be permitted provided that we observe the 2sqm rule. Under the 2sqm rule, our parish can accommodate up to 260 people. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Second Sunday of Easter: Vigil Mass will be livestreamed at 5:30pm on Sat, 10th April 2021
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
Parish Announcements, 9 Apr 2021
- This Sunday, 11th April, is Divine Mercy Sunday. Pope St. John Paul II named the Sunday after Easter as the Divine Mercy Sunday at the canonization of St. Faustina on 30th Apr 2000.
- We extend our condolences to the family and friends of Kath Dwyer, long-time parishioner at St Kevin’s. A Requiem Mass will be held in our parish on Mon, 12th April at 2pm.
- Midweek Men’s Prayer Hour: Next gathering will be on Wed, 21st April at 7pm.
- The next Men’s Monthly Prayer Breakfast in the Haseler Centre will be on Sat, April 17th. 7:00am Breakfast followed by Gospel reflection at 7:30am.
- Men’s Choir. Are you interested in joining? Please call 0400 303 733.
- Sacrament of Confirmation Program dates now available. Click here.
- Project compassion boxes can be returned until Sunday, 18th April. Thank you for supporting Caritas Australia.
- Thank you for supporting the Holy Places Appeal. Your donation will help promote the missionary work of the Church in the Holy Land and help maintain over 70 churches and shrines associated with the life of Jesus.
- Printed Liturgical Rosters for April-July 2021 are now available for collection in the Church, from the table next to the sacristy, or you can download a copy here.
- Our church is open for private prayer during the day.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary, Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
- Effective 29th March 2021, congregational singing will be permitted. Unlimited number of people can attend funerals and weddings, providing a 2 square metre rule is observed.
- Our parish can have up to 260 people at any one time subject to the 1 person per 2square metre rule.
- Face mask is no longer mandatory but strongly encouraged.
- Attendance at all Masses are on a first come, first served basis. We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register on entry. However in cases where parishioners are unable to use the QR code, please sign-in manually.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m between persons not living in the same household applies in each pew. Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
- Passing of bulletins & collection plates remain suspended. Sanitise your hands and use disinfectant wipes to clean your seat as you leave.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Around the Archdiocese:
2021 EASTER MESSAGE FROM ARCHBISHOP ANTHONY FISHER OP
ENCOUNTERING ST MARY MACKILLOP IN PRAYER
We invite you to order your free copy of ‘Encountering St Mary MacKillop in Prayer.’ This commemorative prayer booklet was created to inspire us all to “take fresh courage…” as Mary did so often. To order your exclusive copy please call us on Ph: 02 8912 2777 or go to: www.marymackilloptoday.org.au/prayer-book .
CARITAS AUSTRALIA: PROJECT COMPASSION
Project compassion boxes can be returned until Sunday, 18th April. A collection box will be placed in the Church main entrance door. Thank you for supporting Caritas Australia. As St Oscar Romero said, “Aspire not to have more, but to be more.” Through your generosity you are assisting some of the world’s most vulnerable people build better future for their families & communities. For more info visit: www.caritas.org.au/projectcompassion or contact 1800 024 413.
CATHOLIC CARE: HOME CARE SERVICES
Living Life to the Full at Home: CatholicCare’s Home Care Services for seniors can support you or a loved one to live at home independently with comfort and confidence and to remain connected to your parish community. To learn more call our Home Care Team 13 18 19 or email@example.com
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.