IMPORTANT UPDATE: The NSW government has further eased the restrictions on places of worship effective 23rd Oct 2020. Our maximum safe capacity subject to the 4 square metre rule is now 130. Attendance to weekend and weekday Masses are still on a first come, first serve basis. Register on entry. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, 22nd November 2020
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENCE, under Licence Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under Licence Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
Thought for the Week:
“How marvellous is this King who renounces all the signs of power, the instruments of dominion, force and arrogance, and wishes to reign only with the power of truth and love, with the power of interior conviction and sheer abandonment.” – St John Paul II
Parish Announcements, 20 Nov 2020
- Our Church marks the Feast of Christ the King this Sunday, on the last Sunday of the Liturgical Year, a week before Advent. Prayer resources for parishes & families are available here to download.
- Thank you for supporting the CWF November Parish Appeal. We have raised a total of $4760. Through your gift, we can continue with our mission to help those in need. Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible. Visit: www.ourfaithourworks.org/cwf.
- St Vincent de Paul Christmas Appeal will be held next weekend 28th and 29th November.
- Prayer Gathering: Every 2nd Wed, 7pm at St Kevin’s Church Holy Family Chapel. All men welcomed. Opportunity to reflect on the Gospels. Next gathering will be on Nov 25.
- Senior Server Roster for Dec 2020 – Mar 2021 is now available for collection at the back of the church.
- Volunteers required for a working bee to prune some trees. Please contact Peter on 0419 424 994. With your help we can save on maintenance costs! Thank you.
- Free exercise class for St Kevin’s Parishioners, Tuesdays at 4.15pm in the parish hall. Suitable for most adults. Limit of 20 applies. Contact Michael Wilkinson, Personal Trainer at 0412 383 364.
- As restrictions continue to ease, our maximum safe capacity subject to the 4 square metre rule is 130. Weekend and weekday Mass attendance are still on a first come, first serve basis. We thank and welcome all families who have started to make their way back to St Kevin’s especially at the 9:30am Sunday Mass. You may also consider attending the 8am or 6pm Sunday Mass to maintain our 130 maximum safe capacity.
- CHURCH ATTENDANCE REGISTER: Please indicate ARRIVAL TIME when you sign in. Make sure to write one name per line. If you are using the pens in the foyer, use the hand sanitiser before & after you sign-in. You may bring your own pen to use at registration.
- As the NSW government recommends that face masks are to be worn in places of worship where physical distancing is not possible, parishioners are exhorted to wear face masks as a safeguard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Congregational singing, the sign of peace and passing of the collection plates continue to be suspended at this time.
- HELP KEEP OUR CHURCH COVID-SAFE. We humbly ask everyone to clean their seats after each mass using the disinfectant wipes provided on selected pews. Thank you.
- Vigil Mass is still being recorded weekly and uploaded every Sunday at 7.30am in our parish website, YouTube, and Facebook page.
- The parish office is on reduced hours. The best way to contact us is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed 2 tap donation devices, one in the church foyer and another one next to the Piety Stall. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or any compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
Download the COVIDSafe app to keep yourself and your community safe by helping our health workers to notify you quickly if you’ve come in contact with someone who has Coronavirus.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Family and Faith
Alison Khalil, our Parish School Family Educator, has kindly shared her online noticeboard full of resources for families in the school and parish community. Click here or click on the image to visit her page.
Around the Archdiocese
This year Bishop Richard Umbers will celebrate the Mass for Expectant Mothers on Saturday, 12th December 12 noon at St Mary’s Cathedral. Each expectant mother and her unborn child will receive ablessing from Bishop Umbers, as well as a small gift from the Life,Marriage & Family Team. To register click here.
Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP will be launching a new Archdiocesan Mission Plan Go Make Disciples on 12 December, the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Star of the New Evangelisation. The plan is aimed at renewing our parishes as places of encounter with the living Christ and centres of evangelization & outreach to our community. Join us in an Archdiocesan-wide prayer campaign beginning on 1st Nov and call on the Holy Spirit, to prepare our hearts to receive anew the fire of God’s love. Prayer cards are available in the church foyer. For more info 9390 5307 or email@example.com
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.