IMPORTANT UPDATE: From Tuesday, June 22 until 12:01am on Wednesday, June 30, a fitted face mask must be worn in places of public worship. Click here read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time: Vigil Mass will be livestreamed on Saturday, 26th June at 5:30pm
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
At the end of 2020-2021 financial year, Planned Giving contributors can request a tax receipt.
- Liturgical rosters will be updated soon. Contact the parish office for any changes.
- STK Kindy, Year 1 & Year 2 families are invited to join the 9:30am Mass on Sun, June 27.
- CatholicCare NEWS: A community care worker has joined Holy Spirit Parish, North Ryde and St Charles Borromeo, Ryde. When times are tough it can be difficult to know where to turn to. Contact CatholicCare at 13 18 19 for free and confidential help and referral to a wide range of services concerning relationships, parenting, ageing, disability, addiction, and mental health.
- On Friday 25th June, the usual 5pm Mass will move to an earlier time at 7:30am to make way for Confirmation Masses at 5pm and 7:15pm. There will be No Eucharistic Adoration on that day. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- June 26 & 27 will be the last weekend for receipted Planned Giving Donation for this financial year. New set of planned giving envelopes will be available for collection at the back of the Church (next to the sacristy). Click here to request for a tax receipt. Alternatively, fill-in a form in the Church foyer and place it in the box provided. Thank you for your continued support and generosity.
- MenALIVE Weekend coming soon. Please indicate your interest by calling 0400 303 733 or email: email@example.com
- Everyday thousands of people turn to Vinnies in their time of need. On June 26 & 27, our parish will have the Vinnies Winter Appeal. Help end the pain of poverty and homelessness through Vinnies.
- Safeguarding Update: To all parish volunteers, if your WWCC has expired or is expiring, please ensure that you renew your WWCC number and provide the parish office with your new details. For more information visit: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/renew-working-children-check-wwcc
- Our church is open for private prayer during the day.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary, Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
Around the Archdiocese:
India COVID-19 Appeal:
Catholic Mission has launched an urgent appeal to provide immediate help for vulnerable communities devastated by COVID-19 in India. Well over 300,000 people have died from the illness in India and hospitals have been struggling to cope. To donate go to: https://www.catholicmission.org.au/donate/your-donation?id=covid-19-india.
COME, FOLLOW ME: Discipleship Retreat Days with the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia
What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus and how can I grow as a disciple? Throughout June and July the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia are working with the Sydney Centre for Evangelisation to offer three one-day retreats on what it means to be a disciple, how to grow as a disciple, and how to respond to the gift of discipleship by serving in the parish and the wider community. These retreats are aimed at providing the people of the parishes and Eucharistic communities in Sydney with an opportunity to enter more deeply into their own experience of being a disciple of Jesus, in keeping with the call of our Mission Plan, Go Make Disciples.
Dates and locations:
- 26 June, Regina Coeli Parish, Beverly Hills
- 17 July, Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Fairfield
Registration essential at www.gomakedisciples.org.au/cas-events/ Cost: $10 per person, with light lunch included. Email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to cover the cost of your registration, or for any enquiries about these retreats.
Raising Fathers Evenings:
Three fantastic opportunities, July 21, 22 or 23, for dads to be inspired by powerful, personal testimonies from three of the authors of the new book, Raising Fathers. All parents & guardians welcome. To register go to: www.sydneycatholic.org/raisingfathers
2nd Y-FACTOR CAMP for 2021!
Sydney Catholic Youth (SCY) is excited to announce its second Y-Factor Camp for 2021! July 5-8 at Benedict XVI Retreat Centre, 347 Grose Wold Rd, Grose Vale NSW. Y-Factor is for teens in years 7 to 12. Early Bird Rate: $260 (closes May 17) Full Rate: $280 (closes June 21) For more info E: email@example.com or 9307 8152. Click HERE to register.
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here. For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- From Tuesday, June 22 until 12:01am on Wednesday, June 30, a fitted face mask must be worn in places of public worship. Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- Our parish can have up to 260 people at any one time subject to the 1 person per 2sq metre rule.
- Attendance at all Masses are on a first come, first served basis. We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register on entry. However in cases where parishioners are unable to use the QR code, please sign-in manually.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m between persons not living in the same household applies in each pew. Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
- Congregational singing still permitted until further notice.
- Passing of bulletins & collection plates remain suspended. Sanitise your hands and use disinfectant wipes to clean your seat as you leave.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.