IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 12:01am Monday 17 May 2021, COVID safe measures will be eased in Greater Sydney. Face masks are no longer compulsory but strongly recommended. Congregational singing is now permitted. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Feast of the Ascension of the Lord, 16th May 2021
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
- Next weekend is Pentecost Sunday. Please wear a RED top to remind us of the colour of the Holy Spirit! This concludes the Easter season and celebrates the birth of the Church!
- Communal Rite of Reconciliation for Confirmation Candidates will be on Tue, 18th May at 5:30pm or 7pm. Family members are welcome to participate.
- The St Kevin’s Children’s Liturgy is hoping to return soon, Sundays at the 9.30am Mass. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to volunteer and help lead this ministry.
- We are now on our fourth week of the 2021 National Count of Attendance (Mass Count) organised by the Australian Catholic Bishops Conference. This weekend, attendance will be counted by age. Be counted! Thank you for your cooperation.
- Midweek Men’s Gospel Reflection: Wed 19th May at 7pm in the Holy Family Chapel.
- WE NEED YOUR HELP: Our parish, through St Vincent De Paul, organises weekly bread runs to families in need around the area. If you wish to get involved and help our community please give Ben a call at 0416 003 870 to find out more. Thank you!
- Safeguarding Update: To all parish volunteers, if your WWCC has expired or is expiring, please ensure that you renew your WWCC number and provide the parish office with your new details. For more information visit: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/renew-working-children-check-wwcc
- We have installed an additional donation tap device in the church foyer. You now have the option to donate either $5 or $10. Thank you for your support!
- Our church is open for private prayer during the day.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary, Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
A message from our parish school Family Educator:
To celebrate St Kevin’s feast day (June 3) along with 200 years of Catholic Education in Australia we are asking past students from St Kevin’s Primary School to send in any photos they have of their time at the school. The photos will form part of a slideshow presentation to be shared during the School Mass and with the School Community. The photos will also form part of a digital collection to be kept in the school library. If there are any families who have parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles, cousins or neighbors that attended St Kevin’s Primary School, we would love to see their photos during their time at St Kevin’s! Please email the photos through to email@example.com
- From 12:01am Monday 17 May 2021, COVID safe measures will be eased in Greater Sydney. Face masks are no longer compulsory but strongly recommended. Congregational singing is now permitted.
- Our parish can have up to 260 people at any one time subject to the 1 person per 2sq metre rule.
- Attendance at all Masses are on a first come, first served basis. We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register on entry. However in cases where parishioners are unable to use the QR code, please sign-in manually.
- Physical distancing of 1.5m between persons not living in the same household applies in each pew. Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
- Passing of bulletins & collection plates remain suspended. Sanitise your hands and use disinfectant wipes to clean your seat as you leave.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Around the Archdiocese:
COME, HOLY SPIRIT: Lead us back to Mass for the Church’s Birthday!
Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP has released a new Pastoral Letter inviting Catholics to return to Mass on Pentecost Sunday, May 23. Click here or go to Go Make Disciples website: www.gomakedisciples.org.au for more information and resources.
In the letter, Archbishop Fisher urges the Faithful to draw inspiration from the first apostles who went out after Pentecost and proclaimed their faith to others. That same message is at the heart of our Archdiocesan Mission Plan, Go Make Disciples.
COME, FOLLOW ME: Discipleship Retreat Days with the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia
What does it mean to be a disciple of Jesus and how can I grow as a disciple? Throughout June and July the Dominican Sisters of St Cecilia are working with the Sydney Centre for Evangelisation to offer three one-day retreats on what it means to be a disciple, how to grow as a disciple, and how to respond to the gift of discipleship by serving in the parish and the wider community. These retreats are aimed at providing the people of the parishes and Eucharistic communities in Sydney with an opportunity to enter more deeply into their own experience of being a disciple of Jesus, in keeping with the call of our Mission Plan, Go Make Disciples.
Date and locations:
- 13 June, St Mary’s Cathedral
- 26 June, Regina Coeli Parish, Beverly Hills
- 17 July, Our Lady of the Rosary Parish, Fairfield
Registration essential at www.gomakedisciples.org.au/cas-events/ Cost: $10 per person, with light lunch included. Email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to cover the cost of your registration, or for any enquiries about these retreats.
2nd Y-FACTOR CAMP for 2021!
Sydney Catholic Youth (SCY) is excited to announce its second Y-Factor Camp for 2021! July 5-8 at Benedict XVI Retreat Centre, 347 Grose Wold Rd, Grose Vale NSW. Y-Factor is for teens in years 7 to 12. Early Bird Rate: $260 (closes May 17) Full Rate: $280 (closes June 21) For more info E: email@example.com or 9307 8152. Click HERE to register.
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here. For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.