IMPORTANT UPDATE: Church attendance numbers are still limited to a maximum of 100 people subject to the one person per four square metre rule, with the exception of people from the same household. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Twenty-fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time, 20th September 2020
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license #A-641847. All rights reserved.
If you are in a position to continue supporting the parish, you would be most welcome to donate through our website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or click on this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish. Thank you.
Thought for the Week:
‘He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself: for every man has need to be forgiven.’ – Thomas Fuller
- Wednesday Night Prayer Hour: Every 2nd Wed at 7pm, St Kevin’s Church Holy Family Chapel. All men welcomed. Opportunity to reflect on the Gospels. Next gathering: September 30.
- Congratulations to all children receiving their First Holy Communion this weekend. May God’s loving presence, peace and blessings be with you on this special day.
- We extend our condolences to the family of long time parishioner, Francesco ‘Frank’ Geracitano, whose funeral was held here at St. Kevin’s last Thursday 24th September.
- Updated rosters for Ministers of Holy Communion and Readers are now available for collection at the back of the church or you can download it here. Counters will be advised as needed. Junior servers are welcome to participate.
- Kevinwood in the Haseler Centre on Sunday, 27th Sept at 2.30pm. LIMITED NUMBERS due to COVID restrictions. Sign in on arrival. For details visit www.kevinwood.org.
- HELP KEEP OUR CHURCH COVID-SAFE. We cannot do this alone. We humbly ask everyone to clean their seats after mass using the disinfectant wipes provided on selected pews. As a matter of courtesy to our musicians, please wait until the mass is officially over and the recessional hymn is done before we start cleaning. Please place used wipes in the white bins at the back pews. As part of our COVID-Safe plan, the pews need to be cleaned after each mass. Extra cleaning supplies are provided at the back of the church, near the sacristy. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- As the NSW government recommends that face masks are to be worn in places of worship where physical distancing is not possible; priests, senior servers and ministers will now be wearing face masks before distributing communion. Parishioners are exhorted to wear face masks as a safeguard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Congregational singing, the sign of peace and passing of the collection plate continue to be suspended at this time.
- Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The parish office is on reduced hours. The best way to contact us is by email: email@example.com . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- For urgent matters such as booking Funerals please contact Fr Martin at 0414 841 928.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
- We are still recording the Vigil Mass. It will be available for viewing in our website, YouTube channel and Facebook page every Sunday at 7.30am. We thank all those who are involved in the production of our weekly recordings.
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed 2 tap donation devices, one in the church foyer and another one next to the Piety Stall. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or any compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Family and Faith
Alison Khalil, our Parish School Family Educator, has kindly shared her online noticeboard full of resources for families in the school and parish community. Click here or click on the image to visit her page.
Sydney Catholic Schools are currently seeking Family Educators for 2021. This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between school, families, and the parish. For more information go to: https://sydcatholicschools.nsw.edu.au/positions-vacant or watch the recruitment video here.
Around the Archdiocese
October Family Rosary Pilgrimage: Families are encouraged to pray the rosary together with renewed fervor. The official pilgrim statue of Mary Help of Christians will be travelling around the Sydney Archdiocese during the month of October with the rosary being recited in each participating parish community. Each parish will have a program of at least 1 hour that includes: reflection, Adoration & Benediction and a silent family prayer. Please contact and register at the parish where you would like to attend to comply with all COVID guidelines in place. For info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Justice and Peace Office of the Archdiocese is hosting a Social Justice Gathering online to delve into the ACBC Social Justice Statement for 2020-21 “To Live Life to the Full: Mental Health in Australia Today” on Wed 30th Sep from 6:30-7:30pm via zoom. The evening will consist of a number of short presentations by Dr. Robbie Lloyd, our Research and Project Officer who has extensive experience in mental health care as well as time to network with other participants. To register email Ruth Moraes at email@example.com or go to: https://form.jotform.com/202521057173850
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.