Twenty-seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time, livestreamed Vigil Mass this Sat 1st Oct at 5:30pm
Parish Announcements, 3rd October 2022:
- MenALIVE Weekend: On behalf of Fr Pawel & the St Kevin’s organising committee, sincere thanks to the 50+ who attended, and to the families who generously donated all the delicious food for the entire weekend. From the feedback received, the weekend was seen as being Spiritually and Socially a resounding success! We thank all the priests from neighbouring parishes who kindly assisted with the Sacrament of Reconciliation. In gratitude for all who worked, donated, and attended the recent Parish MenALIVE Weekend, the 9:30am Mass on Sun 9th Oct will be offered as a Mass of Thanksgiving.
- We welcome into the family of God, Nora Anne Eltakchi, who will be receiving the Sacrament of Baptism this weekend. Congratulations!
- October is the Month of the Holy Rosary. On Friday, 7th Oct, the Feast of our Lady of the Rosary, we invite parishioners to attend our First Friday Devotion and Adoration at 4pm. Join us in praying the rosary for peace in the world. All welcome.
- Next Infant Baptism Info Evening: Tue 4th Oct at 7pm in the Parish Office Meeting Room. Email: email@example.com or Ph: 98742533 if you wish to attend.
- Men’s Midweek Prayer Reflection will recommence on Wednesday October 12th at 7:30pm in the Holy Family Chapel.
- FESTIVAL OF ST CECILIA, November 19 & 20 – INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE – We welcomesingers (all voices), instrumentalists (especially violinists), contact Suzanne Maslen on 9874 2809. Each year is a different programme and this year’s festival occurs during the official Social Inclusion Week, 19-27 Nov. So invite your friends and be part of this special event!
- We invite married couples on any of the weekend Masses on Oct 15 and 16 to receive a blessing from Fr Pawel in thanksgiving for the gift of marriage and family life.
- Rosters will be updated soon. Please contact the parish office by email for any changes.
- For parishioners who wish to participate in Holy Communion but prefer to receive low gluten communion hosts, please feel free to see Fr Pawel before Mass starts.
- The Catholic Weekly: Want to know what is happening in the Catholic Church here in Sydney, around the country and abroad? Grab a copy of the Catholic Weekly for $2.
- Exciting News! St Kevin’s Primary School Fete will return on Sat 22nd Oct! Save the date!
- AV PROJECTIONIST NEEDED: If interested, please speak to Errol in the AV room, right after the Saturday 5:30pm Mass or contact the parish office 9874 2533. Training provided.
- Altar Flower Donors/Arrangers Needed: If you are interested to help with the altar flowers or donate flowers for weekend Masses, please contact the parish office 9874 2533.
- If you wish to offer a Mass for the sick, deceased, and other occasions, please collect an envelope in the church foyer. Place them in the weekend collection boxes or in the secured parish letterbox inside the church (next to the Reconciliation room). Please include the date when you want the Mass to be said, the name of the person who you wish to pray for and tick the box ’For Publication’ if you wish for the name to be included in the parish bulletin.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- The parish office is open Monday to Friday from 10am-3pm. Alternatively, you can send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Around the Archdiocese:
- ‘Vocation, like holiness, is not an extraordinary experience reserved for a few. Just as there is a “holiness of the saints next door,” so too there is a vocation for everyone, for God’s gaze and call is directed to every person.’ – MESSAGE OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS FOR THE 2022 WORLD DAY OF PRAYER FOR VOCATIONS. Sumner House, our discernment centre for young men, is welcoming applications for 2023. Closing date: Dec 16. For more information Ph: 02 9307 8424 or Email: email@example.com
- Caritas Australia Ukraine Appeal: The escalating violence in Ukraine is rapidly becoming a dire humanitarian crisis. As millions of people are likely to be displaced due to Russia’s invasion, your support is more important than ever for the people of Ukraine. Donate at https://www.caritas.org.au/donate/ukraine-appeal/ or call 1800 024 413 toll free.
- World Youth Day Lisbon 2023! Join us for an adventure of a lifetime! To register your interest visit: https://www.sydneycatholicyouth.org/world-youth-day/
WORLD YOUTH DAY 2023 INFORMATION AND FORMATION EVENING:
This FREE event is for any young adults (18+) who are interested in attending WYD23 in Lisbon, Portugal.
The event will consist of opportunities for social time and for prospective pilgrims to get to know each other, updated information about WYD, testimonies, catechesis (which will be given by international guest speaker – Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers) and some live music entertainment. There will also be info stalls for those who have particular questions about WYD.
Date: Wednesday 12 October
Location: Canterbury Leagues Club, Belmore
Food: Complimentary finger food will be served. Drinks can also be purchased at the bar.
Registration: Those wishing to attend must register by Thursday 6 October using this REGO FORM.
One Million Children Praying the Rosary:
Aid to the Church in Need invites you to join the prayer campaign, ‘One Million Children Praying the Rosary.’ We are inviting families, parishes, catechists, and teachers to pray together with children on the 18th of Oct for peace and unity in the world. Prayer materials have been prepared for you to spread the word and inspire children to pray the rosary together. To register and learn more visit: www.aidtochurch.org/one-million-children
Safeguarding and Child Protection
Guided by the policies of the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney (CAS), it is mandatory for selected parish volunteers, age 18+, to have a current WWCC. To check the list of parish roles that requires WWCC visit https://www.stkevinseastwood.org.au/becoming-volunteer/ . To apply/renew your WWCC go to: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check/applicant . Once your application has been processed, please forward your WWCC number and Expiry Date to the parish office for verification.
Thank you to all the parish volunteers who have completed the Online Safeguarding Induction Training. To maintain our current safe working environment, it is required that all parish volunteers must complete Safeguarding Induction Training. Training can be completed online, to register click here. Alternatively, the parish is also offering face to face training. To register please call the parish office 9874 2533. To those who have completed the Safeguarding Induction Training in 2018/2019, you are now due for a refresher. To register for a Safeguarding Refresher Training, click here. The archdiocese requires safeguarding refresher training every 3 years.
A MESSAGE FROM THE ARCHDIOCESE OF SYDNEY:
Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at (02) 9390 5810 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
COVID-19 Update as of 25th February 2022:
- Wearing of Face Masks in the Church is no longer mandatory, but recommended when physical distancing is not possible. We ask that we all follow the guidelines when visiting our parish. We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation for helping us KEEP OUR CHURCH COVIDSAFE.
- Density limits no longer apply. NSW QR Code Check-in no longer required.
- The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney recommends that people who do not normally live in the same household try to keep some social distance from each other.
- Kindly open doors & windows during Mass to optimize ventilation. Observe good hygiene practices. Hand sanitisers and disinfectant wipes are available for anyone to use. As we try our best to keep everyone safe, we ask that if you are unwell or displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please stay home.
- Singing is permitted at Mass.
- Funerals and Weddings may be held with attendance unlimited.
- Baptisms have resumed across the Archdiocese of Sydney with attendance unlimited.
- Anointing of the sick is permitted.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.