IMPORTANT UPDATE 23rd October 2021: WELCOME BACK! As we reopen our doors to all parishioners, we ask that we all follow the guidelines when visiting our parish. We ask that doors and windows be opened during Mass to optimize ventilation. We appreciate your ongoing support and cooperation. HELP KEEP OUR CHURCH COVIDSAFE.
Our church is limited to 130 attendees under the 4sqm rule. Face masks and QR code check-ins are still mandatory. More information below.
We are encouraging everyone to get vaccinated as advised by NSW Health unless you have underlying health conditions or medical exemptions.
Thirty-First Sunday in Ordinary Time: Vigil Mass will be livestreamed at 5:30pm this Saturday, 30th October
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
A Message from Fr Martin
18 October 2021
Dear Parishioners and Friends of St Kevin’s,
As NSW reached its 80% double dose vaccination target earlier than expected, we are pleased to let you know that our church will officially reopen for weekend Masses on Saturday, 23rd October.
We are excited to welcome everyone back into the church! Fully vaccinated and unvaccinated, you are all welcome to attend and participate at Mass with the rest of the congregation. We do encourage everyone to get vaccinated as advised by NSW Health unless you have underlying health conditions or medical exemptions.
- Welcome back! We are grateful to celebrate our Mass with you all!
- In addition to keeping everyone safe, we have installed two touch free Holy Water dispensers on the wall, just above the stoups in the church main entrance. Holy Water is a visible and sacred symbol of our Catholic faith. We think that it is important for us to have access to Holy Water even in these unprecedented times.
- New Liturgical rosters will be available for collection this weekend.
- All Masses during the month of November will be offered for the repose of the souls of our dearly departed. November Mass envelopes are now available.
- Confirmation Masses will take place on Fri 12th Nov at 5pm & 7:15pm, and on Sat 13th Nov at 3:30pm. More information will be emailed to parents.
- Thank you to all those who have joined our daily 3pm Parish Zoom to pray the Rosary. Please feel free to invite friends and family to join as well. All welcome. Click here or join using Zoom Meeting ID: 920 3494 0509 Passcode: rosary
- Back-up Livestream Operator Needed, available on Saturdays at 5pm: If interested to volunteer please contact the parish office. Training will be provided.
- Volunteer Projectionist needed for Sun, 8am Mass, contact the parish office if interested. Training will be provided.
- The Eastwood Conference of St Vincent de Paul are looking for new members. If you are interested to join, please contact the parish office.
- Thank you to all the parish volunteers who have done the Online Safeguarding Induction Training recently. A reminder that this training is mandated by the Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney for selected volunteering roles in the parish. If you’ve received an email from our parish and have not done the training, we encourage you to do so. Thank you.
- For pastoral care emergencies, please contact Fr Martin directly at 0414 841 928.
- CatholicCare NEWS: A community care worker has joined Holy Spirit Parish, North Ryde and St Charles Borromeo, Ryde. When times are tough it can be difficult to know where to turn to. Contact CatholicCare at 13 18 19 for free and confidential help and referral to a wide range of services concerning relationships, parenting, ageing, disability, addiction, and mental health.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- At the end of 2020-2021 financial year, Planned Giving contributors can request a tax receipt. Click here to request a tax receipt.
- The parish office is closed until further notice. Please send any enquiries by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 9874 2533. Thank you.
Around the Archdiocese:
- Write to your NSW MP ahead of euthanasia vote: NSW Independent MP Alex Greenwich tabled his euthanasia bill in parliament last week. It is more critical than ever for parishioners to act now and voice their opposition to the proposed bill. It is particularly important for residents in this list of electorates where an MP appears to be undecided on their voting intention to write to the MP concerned. The anti-euthanasia coalition, HOPE has developed an online tool that will allow you to send an email directly to your state MP and to all members of the NSW Upper House. To access: https://www.noeuthanasia.org.au/petition_2108_ocp_nsw . If you do not wish to use this online tool, download sample letters here.
- St Vincent De Paul – Support for the Disadvantaged in Lockdown: St Vincent De Paul volunteers have recently distributed 900 snack packs, 250 self-care packs & 130 hampers through a range of services including Redfern Youth Connect, Parramatta Mission Meals Plus, and local support hubs. If you need help, call 13 18 12 or email email@example.com . Help is here for those who need it. For info, go to: www.vinnies.org.au/covidsupportnsw
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- The Archdiocese of Sydney website has a dedicated page of prayer resources including links to popular podcasts in this time of pandemic. Click here to view.
Download the new Our Faith Our Works App:
The Catholic Archdiocese of Sydney invites you to download the Our Faith Our Works App on the App Store or Google Play. This is your one-stop location for Mass and Confession times, spiritual reflections and meditations, podcasts, local Catholic news, Go Make Disciples mission plan, and much more. This App features a PCI-compliant and secure donation gateway, enabling you to give to your local parish or our Archdiocesan ministries from the comfort of your living room. You can also visit: https://www.ourfaithourworks.org/app/ to download.
COVID-19 Update as of 18th Oct 2021:
- Our church will officially open for Weekend Masses on Saturday, 23rd October. We will continue to livestream our weekly Vigil Mass.
- Funerals in our church can have 130 attendees under the four square metre rule. All attendees must be fully vaccinated. If some of the attendees are not fully vaccinated, then only up to 10 people may attend. This number excludes the priest and funeral company representatives.
- Weddings in our church can have 130 attendees under the four square metre rule. All attendees must be fully vaccinated. If some of the attendees are not fully vaccinated, then only up to 5 people may attend. Not counted in this figure is the couple getting married, the priest celebrating the wedding, two witnesses and a camera operator recording the ceremony.
- Baptisms may resume across the Archdiocese of Sydney.
- The anointing of the sick is permitted in Greater Sydney.
- Mandatory QR code check-ins and wearing of face masks in places of public worship still enforced. Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- Our church is limited to 130 attendees under the four square metre rule. Physical distancing of at least 1.5m must be observed whenever possible. Attendees may sit only in marked places. Family members living in the same household may sit together.
- The NSW Government has announced that no congregational singing will be permitted at this time.10 vaccinated cantors are able to sing at Masses.
- Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.