IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 1st July, churches in NSW are open for Masses under the four-square-metre rule. St Kevin’s Parish Eastwood can now accommodate up to 150 attendees subject to this ruling. Click here for the latest pastoral letter from the Archdiocese of Sydney.
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time, 28th June 2020
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license #A-641847. All rights reserved.
If you are in a position to continue supporting the parish, you would be most welcome to donate through our website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or click on this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish. Thank you.
At the end of Financial Year 2019-2020, Planned Giving Donation members can request a tax receipt.
Thought for the Week:
“A bishop who is himself holy will most certainly have a following of holy priests, whose holiness will in turn redound to the religious perfection of the whole diocese.” — Pope John XXIII
- ST KEVIN’S MEN’S PRAYER BREAKFAST, Sat 4th July, 7.30am-9am in the Haseler Centre (parish hall): Every month, we invite all men in our parish to enjoy a hot cup and a light breakfast in a friendly environment and offer them an opportunity to talk about their faith and listen to others share their faith experience. Come along! Contact Lou Youssef 0400 303 733 for more information.
- ST KEVIN’S MEN’S CHOIR: “For some time, the idea of forming a men’s choir at St Kevin’s has been considered. We are now pushing forward. Gentlemen, whether you feel you can sing or not, please come along! Before a date & time can be set for the first gathering and to gauge how many men are prepared to be considered, you are invited to contact Francis David 0421 511 987 or Lou Youssef 0400 303 733. The sound of men singing & giving praise to God can be magnificent! Join us. You are under no obligation.”
- Kevinwood is launching its concert series in the Haseler Centre on Sun 5th July with a lovely programme of music. Physical distancing & contact details will apply in the hall area – for both performers & audience. First half of the programme starts at 2.30pm, featuring Dvorak’s New World Symphony. Next half is at 3.45pm, featuring dances from different countries. More info: www.kevinwood.org or Suzanne Maslen 9874 2809.
- Free exercise class for St Kevin’s Parishioners will resume on Tues, 7th July at 4.15pm in the Haseler Centre. Class limited to 20. Physical distancing & good hygiene practices will be observed. For more information contact Michael Wilkinson, Personal Trainer at 8819 2280.
- Planned Giving Donation members can now request a tax receipt. To request for tax receipt, click here. Alternatively, fill-in a form in the church foyer and place it in the box provided. Thank you for your continued support.
- We are open for weekday and weekend Masses at usual times. From 1st July, churches in NSW are open for Masses under the four-square-metre rule. Our parish can now accommodate up to 150 attendees at a time subject to this ruling. Private prayer will continue, Mon-Fri, 8am-9am. Please observe the guidelines that we have put in place when attending:
- Physical distancing of at least 1.5m at all times.
- Parishioners in the high risk categories or who are unwell are being encouraged to stay home.
- Upon entering the church, each attendee should record his/her contact details on a clipboard provided at Church entrance door for contact tracing in case of outbreak.
- We ask that you sanitise your hands when entering the Church.
- Attendees may sit only in marked places. Members of the same household may sit together.
- There will be no hand-to-hand passing of parish bulletins or collection plates.
- The sign of peace should be without any physical contact.
- Holy Communion shall be distributed and received on the hand only.
- Attendees must observe good hygiene practices when coughing or sneezing.
- For private prayer, please sit in the padded seating area near the Blessed Sacrament.
- The parish office is on reduced hours. The best way to contact us is by email: email@example.com . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- For urgent matters such as booking Funerals please contact Fr Martin at 0414 841 928. For physical documents please send it to: PO BOX 234, Eastwood NSW 2122 or place it in the parish office mailbox, right next to the parish hall, 36 Hillview Rd. Eastwood NSW.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
- We are still recording the Vigil Mass. It will be available for viewing in our website, YouTube channel and Facebook page every Sunday at 7.30am. We thank all those who are involved in the production of our weekly recordings.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is calling for donations to the Vinnies Covid-19 Winter Appeal, helping people doing it tough in our communities due to Coronavirus. Every dollar you donate will help people feed their families, put petrol in the car and keep warm during winter – more important than ever right now. There are boxes for donations as you leave the church, and envelopes at the sign-in table if you would like to request a receipt. Alternatively, you can donate here or phone 13 18 12
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed a new contactless donation device in the Church foyer. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Family and Faith
Alison Khalil, our Parish School Family Educator, has kindly shared her online noticeboard full of resources for families in the school and parish community. Click here or click on the image to visit her page.
Around the Archdiocese
Exciting news! Do you have BIG questions about Life? Get ready for Friends. Fun. Free Food. Videos & More! Is it a youth group session? NO, it’s a space to ask questions about life about everything and anything! Ryde Gladesville Catholic Parish Youth Office is calling all young people to join us for the movement that is taking the world by storm! To find out more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0405 739 444! Watch the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fyjL4NsAfM&t=2s
Are you struggling in this time of crisis? Depression. Anxiety. Loneliness. Conflict. Stress.
CCareline is a free and confidential helpline for counselling, relationships, parenting, ageing, disabilities, addictions and mental health. For help finding help, call CCareline on 13 18 19
- PLENARY COUNCIL DISCERNMENT PAPERS RELEASED: Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the National Plenary Council Assembly has been postponed to October 2021(Adelaide) and April 2022 (Sydney). Importantly as part of the journey towards the national Assembly, the discernment papers foundational to the development of the working paper and ultimately the agenda for the Assembly are available on the National Plenary Council webpage under the Discernment tab: https://plenarycouncil.catholic.org.au/continuing-the-journey-of-discernment/
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- As stated in the latest Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop, ‘Permission to reopen churches and to conduct religious gatherings of up to 50 persons from June 1, comes with strict conditions: we must take all reasonable precautions to protect the health of everyone involved and to observe the directives we have received.’ Catholics across the country have also been asked to register their attendance via https://www.massregister.com.au/ in line with the Federal Government’s 3-step framework for easing COVID-19 restrictions.
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19: To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful at this time by clicking here.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at email@example.com or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
- Aid to the Church In Need- Fundraiser on 10th anniversary of MacKillop Canonisation: 17 October 2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the canonisation of Australia’s first Saint, Mary of the Cross MacKillop. In celebration, Aid to the Church in Need (ACN) Australia is proud to have commissioned a commemorative set of Rosary Beads. All proceeds from the sale of these beads will directly support needy religious sisters around the world who – like Mary MacKillop -continue to take care of all people in so many ways. Please click here for more information.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.