IMPORTANT UPDATE: Our parish can accommodate up to 260 people at any one time subject to the 1 person per 2sq metre rule. Under this rule, congregational singing is not permitted. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
First Sunday of Lent, 21st Feb 2021
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
Thought for the Week:
“The Church of Christ is not an institution; it is a new life with Christ and in Christ, guided by the Holy Spirit.” – Sergius Bulgakov
- We will have Stations of the Cross every Friday right after the 5pm Mass during Lent.
- Anointing of the Sick after all Masses next weekend.
- Please take home a Project Compassion box or a set of donation envelopes and support Caritas Australia this Lenten season. Visit: www.caritas.org.au/projectcompassion
- Lenten Groups have been organised. We thank those who joined and offered to host a group this year. It’s not too late! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join.
- The Men’s Prayer Group is taking part in the Heartbeat Lenten Program. Wednesdays during Lent commencing at 6:30pm in the Holy Family Chapel. Contact Lou Youssef at 0400 303 733.
- CAN YOU SING? Please join us. With the easing of restrictions on the number of performers singing indoors (from 5 to a maximum of 30), the Choristers would like to have extra voices (young & old!) at the 9.30am Mass (1st, 3rd & 5th Sundays). Contact Suzanne Maslen at 9874 2809 or just come across & talk to the choir.
- The Latrine Project at Pere Achte Primary School in Uganda is underway. See photos on noticeboard. Thanks to all who contributed & bought the ‘Cuppa Time Reflections’ to fund this project!
- World Day of Prayer 2021: All denominations are invited to gather & pray. The service will be at Eastwood Baptist Church, 3 First Ave. Eastwood on Fri, 5th Mar at 10am.
- Liturgical rosters will be updated soon. Contact the parish office for any changes.
- Our parish can have up to 260 people at any one time subject to the 1 person per 2sq metre rule. Face mask is no longer mandatory but strongly encouraged. Congregational singing in our parish remains suspended as we gather at maximum capacity using the 2sq meter rule.
- We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register on entry. However in cases where parishioners are unable to use the QR code, please sign-in manually. All Masses are on a first come, first served basis.
- Avoid mingling and crowding. Physical distancing of 1.5m between persons not living in the same household applies in each pew. Sanitise your hands and use disinfectant wipes to clean your seat as you leave. Passing of bulletins & collection plates are still suspended. Please take the parish bulletin with you as you leave.
- Our church is open for private prayer during the day. Sign-in & sanitise on entry.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary, Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass
- The best way to contact us is by email: email@example.com . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- Vigil Mass is still being recorded weekly and uploaded every Sunday at 7.30am in our parish website, YouTube, and Facebook page.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed 2 tap donation devices, one in the church foyer and another one next to the Piety Stall. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or any compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
Download the COVIDSafe app to keep yourself and your community safe by helping our health workers to notify you quickly if you’ve come in contact with someone who has Coronavirus.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Around the Archdiocese
Please take home a Project Compassion box and/or a set of donation envelopes and support Caritas Australia this Lenten season themed “Be More.” As St Oscar Romero said, “Aspire not to have more, but to be more.” Through your generosity you are assisting some of the world’s most vulnerable people build better future for their families & communities. For more info visit: www.caritas.org.au/projectcompassion or contact 1800 024 413.
Receive the Grace to Go Make Disciples, A Lenten Companion: Parishes around Sydney have received copies of a Lenten program for use by individuals & parish groups to meditate upon the foundations of spiritual renewal. This practical resource includes the Sunday Gospels, reflection questions, devotional resources such as the Stations of the Cross, and also a spiritual reflection on foundations of the Christian life as explored in the Sunday Gospel, with reflections by Prof Tracey Rowland, Peter Holmes, Fr Chris Ryan MGL, Mother Hilda Scott OSB, Fr Kelvin Lovegrove, Fr David Braithwaite SJ, and Dr Paul Morrissey. Copies now available in the church foyer.
Living Life to the Full at Home: CatholicCare’s Home Care Services for seniors can support you or a loved one to live at home independently with comfort and confidence and to remain connected to your parish community. To learn more call our Home Care Team 13 18 19 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP has recently launched the Archdiocesan Mission Plan, Go Make Disciples. The plan is aimed at renewing our parishes as places of encounter with the living Christ and centres of evangelization & outreach to our community. Prayer cards are available in the church foyer. Visit the Go Make Disciples website (http://www.gomakedisciples.org.au) where you’ll find a downloadable copy of the full plan. Get a printed summary version as you leave the church this weekend. For more info 9390 5307 or email@example.com
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.