IMPORTANT UPDATE: All churches across greater Sydney remain closed until at least Friday, July 30 under a NSW Government lockdown aimed at containing the spread of COVID-19.
Funerals are limited to 10 people, excluding the person conducting a service for a funeral or any other person necessary for the conduct or preparation of the service.
We will continue to livestream our weekly Vigil Mass.
Seventeenth Sunday in Ordinary Time: Vigil Mass will be livestreamed on July 24, 2021 at 5:30pm
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE, under License Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under License Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
At the end of 2020-2021 financial year, Planned Giving contributors can request a tax receipt.
- Due to uncertainties brought by the Greater Sydney lockdown and all churches being closed until at least July 30, the scheduled Information Evening for Parents on July 28 has been tentatively moved to Wednesday, August 4 at 7pm via Zoom. Information and other details will be emailed prior. Thank you.
- For pastoral care emergencies, please contact Fr Martin directly at 0414 841 928 to make COVIDSafe arrangements.
- Liturgical Rosters have been put on hold due to current lockdown. We will upload the new rosters in the parish website once restrictions have been lifted. Fr Martin to contact volunteers to serve at Vigil Mass to continue live streaming our services.
- Prayer requests/Mass offerings for the deceased are still accepted. Send us an email or leave a message at 9874 2533. Donations can be made online via the parish website.
- New planned giving envelopes for the next financial year will be available for collection once lockdown ceases.
- At the end of 2020-2021 financial year, Planned Giving contributors can request a tax receipt. Click here to request a tax receipt. Thank you for your continued support.
- To those that requested to collect their tax receipts from the church, it will be available for collection once the church re-opens. If you have changed your mind and would like it to be emailed instead, please contact the parish office.
- The Eastwood Conference of St Vincent de Paul are looking for new members. If you are interested to join, please contact the parish office.
- CatholicCare NEWS: A community care worker has joined Holy Spirit Parish, North Ryde and St Charles Borromeo, Ryde. When times are tough it can be difficult to know where to turn to. Contact CatholicCare at 13 18 19 for free and confidential help and referral to a wide range of services concerning relationships, parenting, ageing, disability, addiction, and mental health.
- Safeguarding Update: To all parish volunteers, if your WWCC has expired or is expiring, please ensure that you renew your WWCC number and provide the parish office with your new details. For more information visit: https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/renew-working-children-check-wwcc
- If you lost something in the Church, please check the LOST PROPERTY tub in the church foyer.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- The parish office is closed until further notice. Please send any enquiries by email: email@example.com or leave a message at 9874 2533. Thank you.
A Message from Fr Martin Maunsell:
Dear St Kevin’s Eastwood Parishioners,
I hope everyone is keeping well despite the uncertainties.
2020 was a challenge for everyone yet we managed to get through. There is hope and we will get through this once again.
Sadly, churches around Greater Sydney are closed, but we must not forget that WE, as a parish community, is the CHURCH. As a family we can continue to practice our faith at home. We can stay connected with our faith in different ways.
I invite you to regularly visit our parish website for weekly Mass readings, reflections, livestreamed Vigil Mass, bulletins, prayers, and useful links. I hope these online resources will somehow reignite your faith, hope, and trust in Him.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all during this difficult time, especially to those families doing it tough and under a lot of financial stress, and to our vulnerable parishioners who are lonely and separated from their family.
May God bless you and keep you safe.
A Note of Appreciation from Fr Fabius:
Dear Friends: Fr Martin, St Kevin’s Parishioners, Eastwood Uniting Church Congregation, and other contributors,
My sincere heartfelt thanks to you all.
Using the words of Pope Francis: “…Charity should convey the warmth of an embrace of the Heavenly Father to people, especially the poor and marginalized. The world needs more people who contribute selflessly for human progress …” It is imperative, therefore, to express our gratitude; precisely affirming the words of Cicero: “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.”
Solely, through the sale proceeds of Fr Martin’s book, ‘Cuppa Time Reflections,’ sufficient funds were raised to complete the Pit Latrine (toilet block) Project at Pere Achte Primary School, Uganda.
Click HERE to view the photos and read Fr Fabius’ note of appreciation in full.
Around the Archdiocese:
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here. For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
Zoom Basics for Parishes:
Do you want to keep connected with other parishioners during lockdown? Zoom is a simple online platform allowing people to connect and interact with one another. Learn the basics of Zoom, including how to schedule a meeting, how to navigate different Zoom functions and how to use Breakout Rooms. This session is open to anyone interested in learning how to use Zoom including Parish Priests, parish staff and parishioners. For more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date: Tue, 27 July 2021
- Time: 10am–11:15am.
- Venue: Online via Zoom – register here.
Prayer Resources During Pandemic:
The Archdiocese of Sydney website has a dedicated page of prayer resources including links to popular podcasts in this time of pandemic. Click here to view.
Go Make Disciples Online Lay Leadership Series- “Christ-centered Leadership”
What is Christian Leadership and how can I grow as a leader?
On Tuesday evenings in August, the Parish Renewal Team is offering an online leadership formation series for all serving in parishes and those seeking to serve. Led by the Asia Coordinator at The Pope’s Worldwide Prayer Network, Fr David Braithwaite SJ, the series will focus upon basics in Christian leadership and how we can grow as people who lead others to Christ. Bishop Richard Umbers will attend the first evening to introduce Fr Braithwaite and pray with those attending the series. Topics include:
- 3 August: The Wounded Servant: The Foundations of Christian leadership
- 10 August: Leadership for Mission: Responding to Christ’s Sacred Heart
- 17 August: The Recollected Leader: The Spiritual Practice of Making Better Decisions
- 24 August: Love that Risks: Creating Communities of Growth and Innovation
If you are currently serving in your parish, please join us as a way to grow in your leadership and better serve Christ’s Mission and His Church. Please also extend an invitation to others you think could benefit or might be interested in learning more about Christian leadership. To register click here or for more information contact Tania Rimac at email@example.com.
- Our Church is closed until further notice. We will continue to livestream our weekly Vigil Mass.
- Funerals are limited to 10 people, excluding the person conducting a service for a funeral or any other person necessary for the conduct or preparation of the service in total.
- Mandatory QR code check-ins and wearing of face masks in places of public worship, office premises/workplaces and indoor venues are now enforced. Children 12 years and under are exempt but are encouraged to wear masks where practicable.
- Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.