IMPORTANT UPDATE: With further easing of restrictions by the NSW government, from 23rd Oct 2020, for services apart from weddings & funerals, places of worship can have up to 300 people or one person per 4 square metres of space, whichever is less. Therefore, our maximum safe capacity subject to the 4 square metre rule is now 130. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Thirtieth Sunday in Ordinary Time, 25th October 2020
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENSE with license #A-641847. All rights reserved.
If you are in a position to continue supporting the parish, you would be most welcome to donate through our website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or click on this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish. Thank you.
Thought for the Week:
“The good neighbour looks beyond the external accidents and discerns those inner qualities that make all men human and therefore brothers.”- Martin Luther King Jr
Parish Announcements, 23 Oct 2020
- With further easing of restrictions from Fri 23rd Oct 2020, for services apart from weddings & funerals, places of worship can have up to 300 people or one person per 4 square metres of space, whichever is less. Therefore, our church’s maximum safe capacity subject to the 4 square metre rule is 130. Please take note that families living in the same household may sit together. Thank you.
- Enrolment to the Sacrament of Confirmation Program 2020 is now open. Registrations accepted until Mon, Nov 2. go to: https://www.stkevinseastwood.org.au/confirmation/
- All Masses during the month of November will be offered for the repose of the souls of our dearly departed. November Mass envelopes are now available.
- Updated Junior Server rosters are now available for collection on the table outside the sacristy or you can download here.
- Wednesday Night Prayer Hour: Every 2nd Wed at 7pm, St Kevin’s Church Holy Family Chapel. All men welcomed. Opportunity to reflect on the Gospels. Next gathering: Oct 28
- AV Operator/Projectionist needed for Vigil Mass. Training will be provided. To volunteer, please speak to Fr Martin after Mass. Thank you.
- Please take note of the new Chinese Mass Time: Sundays at 11:30am.
- Vigil Mass is still being recorded weekly and uploaded every Sunday at 7.30am in our parish website, YouTube, and Facebook page.
- You are invited to pray the rosary from Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass.
- HELP KEEP OUR CHURCH COVID-SAFE. We cannot do this alone. We humbly ask everyone to clean their seats after mass using the disinfectant wipes provided on selected pews. As a matter of courtesy to our musicians, please wait until the mass is officially over and the recessional hymn is done before we start cleaning. Please place used wipes in the white bins at the back pews. As part of our COVID-Safe plan, the pews need to be cleaned after each mass. Extra cleaning supplies are provided at the back of the church, near the sacristy. Thank you for your understanding and support.
- As the NSW government recommends that face masks are to be worn in places of worship where physical distancing is not possible; priests, senior servers and ministers will now be wearing face masks before distributing communion. Parishioners are exhorted to wear face masks as a safeguard to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Congregational singing, the sign of peace and passing of the collection plate continue to be suspended at this time.
- Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates. Thank you for your cooperation.
- The parish office is on reduced hours. The best way to contact us is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed 2 tap donation devices, one in the church foyer and another one next to the Piety Stall. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or any compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Family and Faith
Alison Khalil, our Parish School Family Educator, has kindly shared her online noticeboard full of resources for families in the school and parish community. Click here or click on the image to visit her page.
Around the Archdiocese
CatholicCare provides Home Care services to improve the quality of life, independence and personal well-being of seniors in our parish community. Join CatholicCare’s Home Care Specialists for a special half hour Zoom Webinar on Wed 28th Oct at 10:30am, to explain the process of assisting seniors in our community with their Home Care needs. Contact Deborah Absalom on 0438 494 518 or email email@example.com for more information. To register and receive your Zoom Webinar meeting details click here. Passcode: Seniors
October Family Rosary Pilgrimage: Families are encouraged to pray the rosary together with renewed fervor. The official pilgrim statue of Mary Help of Christians will be travelling around the Sydney Archdiocese during the month of October with the rosary being recited in each participating parish community. Each parish will have a program of at least 1 hour that includes: reflection, Adoration & Benediction and a silent family prayer. Please contact and register at the parish where you would like to attend to comply with all COVID guidelines in place. For info contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachel’s Vineyard online sessions for those affected by abortion: Healing and hope is possible. Join this free, online, individually guided reflection at a time that suits you. Register for a confidential session: email@example.com or 0400 092 555.
- Got your wedding plans under control? How prepared are you for marriage? Engaged Encounter provides you with deeper insights into each other and into married life. We give you a chance to spend time together to strengthen & enrich your relationship. For more information click here . Upcoming weekends: Nov 7-8, Feb 20-21.
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.