IMPORTANT UPDATE: From 3rd Jan 2021, our parish is limited to having a maximum of 100 people subject to the 1 person per 4 sq metre rule. Face masks will be mandatory for indoor religious services. We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register their attendance. Click here to read guidelines when visiting our parish. Our COVID-19 Safety Plan can be accessed here.
Second Sunday in Ordinary Time, 17th January 2021
Permission to podcast/stream the music in this service obtained from ONE LICENCE, under Licence Number: A641847; and from CCLI, under Licence Number 642682 & 1625614. All rights reserved.
Thought for the Week:
“A good vocation is simply a firm and constant will in which the called person has to serve God in the way and in the places to which Almighty God has called him.” – St Francis de Sales
- On Tues, 26th January, we will celebrate Australia Day with a Mass at 9.15am. An opportunity to pray for peace and reconciliation among all people of our nation. Please take note, no 7:30am Mass on that day.
- St Kevin’s Men’s Choir will be singing at the 9:30 Mass on Sunday January 24th.
- Grab a copy of the Catholic Weekly for $2 or visit our Piety stall for books, rosaries and gift items for holy occasions. Piety stall is open during weekends, right after Mass.
- We are encouraging everyone to use the NSW Government issued QR code to register on entry. However in cases where parishioners are unable to use the QR code, please sign-in manually. Weekend and weekday Masses are on a first come, first served basis.
- Face masks are now mandatory for indoor religious gatherings, NSW Health can impose a $200 fine on each individual failing to abide by this rule. Should you forget to bring a face mask with you, there are extra face masks available in the foyer. Congregational singing is suspended until further notice. Avoid mingling and crowding. Physical distancing of 1.5m between persons not living in the same household applies in each pew. Sanitise your hands and use disinfectant wipes to clean your seat as you leave. Passing of bulletins & collection plates are still suspended. Please take the parish bulletin with you as you leave.
- Weddings and funerals are limited to a 100 people with 1 person per 4sqm.
- Our church is open for private prayer during the day. Sign-in & sanitise on entry.
- Everyone is invited to pray the rosary, Mon-Thurs after the 7.30am Mass
- The best way to contact us is by email: email@example.com . You can also leave a short message at 9874 2533 and we will return your call.
- Vigil Mass is still being recorded weekly and uploaded every Sunday at 7.30am in our parish website, YouTube, and Facebook page.
- Thank you to all the parishioners who are still able to support the parish financially. We are accepting donations by credit card through the parish website. Just click on the SUPPORT US button or copy this link: https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/eastwoodparish on your browser. For Biller Code, you can choose from:
- Planned Giving/Envelopes (your Planned Giving Number is your Envelope Number)
- 2nd Collection/General Donation
- 1st Collection
- If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form. Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
Contactless Donation: To provide another way to support the parish financially, we have installed 2 tap donation devices, one in the church foyer and another one next to the Piety Stall. Simply tap your Visa, MasterCard or any compatible device and $5 will be donated to our parish. This will be considered as a general donation. There is no tax deductibility, receipt or refund available on this donation.
Please observe physical distancing at all times, guidelines when visiting the church are displayed in the church foyer or click here to view. Always follow the NSW Health advice and check the Latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates.
Download the COVIDSafe app to keep yourself and your community safe by helping our health workers to notify you quickly if you’ve come in contact with someone who has Coronavirus.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Around the Archdiocese
Thinking About Priesthood? A Seminary Open Day will be held on Sun, 14th Feb 2021 at the Good Shepherd Seminary, 52-58 Abbotsford Road, Homebush starting with Morning Prayer at 9am and a public Mass at 10:00 AM. The day will include prayer, conversations with seminarians and priests, talks, and a guided tour. For more info call 9307 8424 or visit: https://www.vocationcentre.org.au/ or E: firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP by 5th Feb 2021.
Living Life to the Full at Home: CatholicCare’s Home Care Services for seniors can support you or a loved one to live at home independently with comfort and confidence and to remain connected to your parish community. To learn more call our Home Care Team 13 18 19 or email@example.com
The 2021 Archdiocesan Marriage Preparation course, Of Life and Love, will be held on:
Sat 27th Feb at 10am and then Thursday evenings 4, 11, 18 March 2021
Sat 14th Aug at 10am and then Thursday evenings 19, 26 August & 02 September 2021
Archbishop Anthony Fisher OP has recently launched the Archdiocesan Mission Plan, Go Make Disciples. The plan is aimed at renewing our parishes as places of encounter with the living Christ and centres of evangelization & outreach to our community. Prayer cards are available in the church foyer. Visit the Go Make Disciples website (http://www.gomakedisciples.org.au) where you’ll find a downloadable copy of the full plan. Get a printed summary version as you leave the church this weekend. For more info 9390 5307 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- To read the Archbishop’s latest Pastoral letter, click here . For other prayers, spiritual resources, and a list of Mass on demand around the archdiocese, visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
- To help parishioners with any questions they may have around COVID-19 and its impact on sacraments such as weddings, baptisms and funerals, you may find the FAQs page on the Archdiocese of Sydney website helpful.
- A message from the Archdiocese of Sydney: Child sexual abuse is a crime. The appropriate people to deal with crimes are the police. If you or anyone you know have been abused, please contact the police. Alternatively, you can contact the Safeguarding and Ministerial Integrity Office at email@example.com or (02) 9390 5810. You may also want to speak to your Parish Priest who will be able to provide support and guidance. The Archdiocese has a legal obligation to report crimes to the police.
Welcome to St. Kevin’s Parish, Eastwood
The Catholic Parish of St Kevin’s Eastwood is a welcoming and supportive community situated approximately 17 kilometres from the Sydney CBD, and 8 kilometres from Parramatta. St Kevin’s is the most western parish within the Archdiocese of Sydney and is part of the Ryde Deanery.
Our vision is to make Christ present in our parish, in our local community and in our world.
Our mission is to know Christ and to make him known; to be a community committed to discovering Christ present in every person through our ministry to each other, our service to the wider community, the joyful celebration of the Eucharist and other sacraments, and our active concern for social justice.
The first Church was established here in 1919 and our current Church was completed in 1994. St Kevin’s Primary School and Marist College Eastwood are both integral parts of our parish community and are located on either side of the Church.