20 March 2020
Dear Parishioners of St Kevin’s
We understand your growing concerns about attending weekend Masses in our parish and we are closely monitoring the government and public health advice in response to COVID 19.
Many parishioners are already practicing social distancing and have chosen to stay home and we sincerely respect their decision. In this regard, we expect that attendance at Masses will gradually decrease in the coming weeks.
As of today, weekend Masses will go ahead with the following precautionary measures put in place:
- There will be a limit of 100 parishioners inside the Church each Mass. A person will be stationed at the Main Church Entrance door and count people as they go inside. Please observe physical distancing (at least 1.5m) while on the queue.
- Parishioners must also spread out once inside the Church.
- When all 100 parishioners are inside, we will be opening the doors so that there is proper ventilation inside the Church.
- Plastic chairs will be put outside the Church for people who will not be able to get in. This will give them a chance to hear the Mass from outside.
- Alcohol-based gels (hand sanitisers) will be available near Church entrances. Please use as needed. Any donation of hand sanitisers to the Church will be appreciated.
- Instead of collection bags being passed around, we will put collection boxes at Church doors.
- We can acknowledge each other with a nod at the Sign of Peace, no touching or shaking hands.
- Reception of Holy Communion will be by hand only.
If you would like to have someone visit you at home to receive Holy Communion, please fill out this home visitation form.
Also, if you are a Minister of Holy Communion and would like to volunteer in visiting homes to distribute communion, please fill out this ministerial form.
In these uncertain times, it would be wise to remain calm and exercise vigilance as we move forward. We understand people having to make choices that will be best for their loved ones.
There are other means to hear Mass such as accessing online broadcasts from the Archdiocese of Sydney. For latest updates, prayers and spiritual resources, and to watch Mass online visit: https://www.sydneycatholic.org/coronavirus-updates/
Please do not hesitate to contact the parish office if you have other concerns.
Fr Martin R Maunsell